Congratulations to Sarah, Joe and Dylan. Your efforts in class have not gone unnoticed! Keep up the great work!
Sorry I cannot be there today for World Teachers' Day. I'm travelling to a Swiss spa to pamper myself in honour of the day.
The post I want you to study is taken from here: http://levdavidovic.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/what-does-a-teacher-do/
Read the above blog post about teachers and answer the following questions:
1. According to the writer, how many things does a teacher do?
2. Which of the statements above do you most agree with? Why?
3. "Gave up chalk but not talk" What do you think the author means?
4. What does the word "coaxes" mean?
5. In your opinion, why do teachers "work long hours, not just in class"?
6. Do you agree with the blog post? Why? Why not?
7. Write a similar blog post for students, entitled 'What does a student
This is an article that appeared in today's Irish Independent:
Read the article and comment on it in this blog post.
Are people over-reacting?
Do people (especially teenagers) share too much on Facebook?
Do you believe that your private information is safe on Facebook?
Do you share too much on Facebook?
I am an English teacher in St. Oliver's Community College, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland.